Hi! I’m Christene and I am so glad you stopped by my blog!
Welcome to Keys to Inspiration!
If you are new, you might want to start here. I’ll give you a tour of the blog and I’ve even got a freebie for you.
I decided that I wanted to start a blog all the way back in December of 2014, and I can’t believe how much our lives and my little blog idea have changed since then!
Back in 2014, my husband Ben and I had just finished signing the paperwork for our first house. We were in the midst of all of the life changes that saving for, building, and moving into a home entails. Once the house was finally built and we were all moved in, I was so excited to share all of the projects and ideas I had to make our house into a home!
At the end of 2015, I decided to finally get my blog off the ground. I definitely had no idea what I was doing so I consider the actual “official” start of the blog the be the beginning of 2016.
Speaking of Ben let me tell you about how we met. Ben and I grew up in totally different areas – I’m from Ohio and Ben is from New Jersey. We ended up meeting in college. When I started my freshmen year at Grove City College, I had no idea that I would meet the man I was going to marry just a week after moving in! Ben and I dated all the way through college and we were engaged the summer before senior year. We both graduated with engineering degrees in the summer of 2012, and we were married on September 28, 2013.
Fast forward about a year, we were living in our first apartment together here in the Pittsburgh area. We were not really planning on buying a home, but the weekend before Thanksgiving of 2014 we decided to met with a sales representative for Ryan Homes. The next day we had put a down payment on our new townhome! Sometimes you just know when something is right for you, and this was definitely one of those times.
Building started in early 2015 and went through the spring. Because both of our families aren’t local, I knew that I wanted to share our new home experiences with them somehow. That’s where my little blog idea came in handy. I decided to share a few posts about the design process and the build as it was progressing. Next thing I knew, we were moving in!
Since then, I’ve used this blog to share home projects, decor ideas, crafts and other inspiration. My passion is creating, designing, and organizing areas in our home to make it work for us. I believe that your home should consist of beautiful spaces that reflect your personality and stage of life. I also think that there is no reason a beautiful home has to cost a small fortune. I hope you find some great ideas and inspiration here that you can apply in your own life to make your home both beautiful and meaningful!
Some fun facts about me:
- Ben and I have a cat named Widget. She is the sweetest, nicest cat ever and her personality has infused itself into our little family. Not an hour goes by when we don’t joke about the sarcastic voice we imagine she has. Don’t pretend like you don’t talk for your pets!
- I have always had a love for crafts and DIY projects. It started when I was younger and has grown into an awesome skill that I use to create both functional and meaningful things for our home.
- I am a perfectionist which is both good and bad. I love organizing and keeping everything in my life as beautiful, neat, and as user-friendly as possible. But, sometimes there isn’t enough time in the day for everything I want to get done. I guess there is always tomorrow 😉
- I have a degree in Electrical Engineering. I have always been a logical person, so science and math were my favorite subjects. I currently work as an engineer full time.
- I have an obsession with Disney Theme Parks and Resorts. Walt Disney World was my family’s vacation destination of choice growing up and when I was 6 we even bought a membership in the Disney Vacation Club – Disney’s timeshare program. Since then, we have been going back the “the World” almost every other year and also taking trips to Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort.
I would love to connect with you and find out more about who you are! Please stick around and leave a comment or connect with me on social media – Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, or Bloglovin’. Have a question? Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To take a tour of our home, check out my Home Tour page. Every time we complete a new project, I update this page to show you our progress from move-in day to today!
Thanks again for stopping by and getting to know me! I hope you find something that inspires you.