Welcome back to the Friday 5!
One of our favorite things to do to break up the week is to have a game night with friends. Ben and I love playing games and have found lots of unique and fun games that aren’t just your typical board games. You have got to give a few of these a try during your next game night! For today’s Friday 5, I’m sharing 5 game night favorites.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosures here.
- Guillotine is a fun and cheeky card game set during the French Revolution. The idea behind the game is to “behead” the worst of the nobles to gain points and to spare the innocent to avoid losing points. This is a really fun and quick game with tons of replay value!
- Machi Koro is a beautifully illustrated game and the cards are just so fun to look at! The object of the game is to build up your city by constructing establishments that generate income for you. It’s all based on the roll of dice and your interaction with the other players. There are also two expansion packs that are included if you buy the deluxe edition of the game.
- Anomia is your new best friend for game nights with a large group of people. Forget Apples to Apples, this game is easy to learn and fast-paced. It makes you think on your feet and will also have everyone laughing in no time!
- Dutch Blitz is a fun and fast-paced card game where everyone takes “turns” at the same time. The object of the game is to try and play as many of your cards as possible to get the most points. Since everyone is playing at the same time, things can get pretty crazy, but it’s so much fun!
- Ticket to Ride is a strategic game where you build train cars along travel routes to get from one destination to another. The longer the train route, the more point you earn. It’s really easy to learn and is a staple at our game nights. There are lots of different versions of this game, each with a different “map” but we like the Europe version the best.
I hope you enjoyed my Friday 5 for this week!
Have a great weekend!